About Sheela Prabhakaran
Areas of expertise are Business English, Business Writing, Communication, and Corporate Writing.
- Basic English, Business Writing
- English for Business Communication
- Training the Trainers sessions
- Undergraduate Skills Programme
- Sheela brings with her over 27 years of professional experience from the corporate communication and publishing industry.
- Excels in training, mentoring and facilitating groups from different levels and backgrounds.
- Areas of expertise are Business English, Business Writing, Communication, and Corporate Writing.
- Employs different methods to constantly blend the outside world into the learning environment, thereby empowering learners to quickly apply what they had gained from her sessions into their daily lives.
- On top of training, she is also an expert in writing and editing for various genres; in particular English Language textbooks for Malaysian schools.
- The programs that she has conducted include Basic English, Business Writing, English for Business Communication, Training the Trainers sessions and Undergraduate Skills Programme.
- Has also been an assessor for Assessment of Spoken English conducted for Bank Negara, MATRADE and Financial Accreditation Agency.
- Her educational background includes a Masters in Science (Corporate Communications) from UPM, a Bachelor of Arts (Education) with Honours from USM, where she majored in English Language and a Certificate in Public Relations from the Institute of Public Relations Malaysia.
- Some of her previous clients include: the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (Training the Trainers sessions in 2005 & 2008), Bank Negara and iCIMB (Basic English & Business Writing Skills), Bank Islam (Business Writing), Cambridge ESOL Malaysia (Training the Trainers sessions), MDEC and Open University Malaysia (Undergraduate Skills Programme), as well as Knight Frank Malaysia (English for Business Communication).
CWS 005 – Spoken & Written Business English (VL), 17 & 18 February 2022
CWS 005 – Spoken & Written Business English (VL), 27 & 28 January 2022