In this comprehensive course, participants will learn to apply basic principles of Project Management for the Oil & Gas business.
The Oil & Gas Industry is in a very active state regionally and worldwide for the foreseeable future next 10 years while the other sectors of the economy may wane. Companies that provide services to the industry require maintaining a certain level of performance capability in order to be able to respond to the business opportunities and challenge that come together in a demanding and challenging business environment. Project Management knowledge and skills are essential in this regard.
Aligned with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), this course provides a step-by-step guide to the planning and execution of projects.
Participants will discover the approaches and techniques that make successful and profitable projects in the oil & gas business, covering questions such as:
- Who are the stakeholders in a typical oil & gas project?
- How do you define client “expectations”?
- What are project “deliverables”?
- What is involved in analysing “scope-time-cost”?
- How do you establish a project “budget”?
- What is “contingency” planning?
- What are typical “risks” on oil & gas projects?
- How do you establish a “safety” culture?
- How do you “communicate” effectively with all parties on a project?
- What are typical “hazards” to watch out for on oil & gas projects
At end of course participants will be able to return to their offices and apply immediately the practical lessons learned during the course.